Thursday, February 17, 2011

Why Am I Writing a Blog?

On my 49 mile commute home this evening I decided that instead of letting the ridiculous shit that I think about, clowns I see on the streets of Chicago, things that happen at work that I can't keep to myself, or stupid stuff I find on the Internet just die in my head, I'll share it with others. It's cool if you don't give a shit. In fact, I don't really care. I just think that if I keep it all inside, someday I'll explode and probably hurt someone.

I also think that it seems pretty easy to write a blog. I mean, I've got what seems like a constant inpouring of material coming my way, and I'm not even trying to write anything. Mostly it's my students, who will never be named or pictured here, saying and doing outrageous things that make me laugh. But sometimes I have the good fortune of stumbling upon a funny picture, or hilarious video, or a good song that I want to share. So instead of putting it in a Facebook status like I usually do, I'll henceforth put it here.

Anyhow, hopefully if you live in Chicago you'll find something you can relate to, or if you're one of my friends from home you'll understand why I write about what I do. Either way, this blog is probably going to be the most ramshackle pieces to hit the Internet in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment