Friday, February 18, 2011

I'm Running a 1/2 Marathon

Back in October, when my friend Lauren was running her first marathon, we went to the Cedar Hotel for lunch the day before she ran just about as far as it takes to get to Indiana from the city. With a little liquid courage I verbally committed to running a 1/2 marathon with her in April, and when she told me in November that she had registered and I should, too, I realized that I actually was going to do it. After all, she spent $90.00 and I wasn't about to let that go to waste.

So here I am, 12 weeks out from race day, in the infant stages of my training. I ran a 4 mile race last Sunday, I've got a 5 mile run with my training group on Saturday, and shit is really going to hit the fan in 2 weeks, when I run 7 miles and will likely die as a result. Let it be said now, before things really heat up, that I'm actually very excited about this. I'm, hopefully, going to be running for Friendship Home in Norwell and I know that I'm only 24 once...Uh, 25 in 4 days...and I might not be physically able to do it any other time. So, here's hoping that this training doesn't kill me, and that I'm able to help Friendship Home as much as it helps members of the South Shore community! And here's also hoping that you won't mind reading about the trials and tribulations of this undertaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment